The Student News Site of Jordan High School

JHSJournal

JHSJournal

JHSJournal

Sliding through the top movies of December

Over the winter break there were a majority of movies that got released. Some movies were really good, some really bad, but there were a few that stood out. The best movie released in December was The Boys In The Boat. The movie was about a college boy named Joe Rantz who tries out for the rowing team in hopes of earning some money. Joe makes the team after lots of hard work and dedication. The boys are training really to become 1936 Olympic champions beating the Germans. This movie is a Perfect underdog story that touches your heart as you follow joe. 

The Boys In The Boat was a great movie, but there was another movie that could be the best movie of December. That movie would be Wonka, a musical about the childhood of Willy Wonka. Throughout the movie we see the struggles Wonka faced to become a famous chocolate maker. A heartfelt story filled with cute songs that are perfect for all audiences. The cute movie was a success, making $511 million worldwide.  

Watching a good movie is fun but sometimes the movie turns out really bad. Another movie to come out was Aquaman 2. Fans were coming into the movie with high hopes due to the success of the first Aquaman, but soon after fans realized how bad the movie was. The action scenes looked cool but the animation was sloppy and the plot was predictable. With hopes of competing with the first Aquaman, the movie only made 378 million worldwide being way lower than expected. 

There were other good movies that came out but these three were the ones that sparked the most interest. Let’s hope this years movies are good to.